For yourself: Simply use what you have smarter. We all benefit from it.
- Download and complete our NO COST energy saver checklist for Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter
- Follow these great energy saving tips
- Check out your options for solar energy
For your friends and neighbors:
- Talk to a friend about energy efficiency. Share your success stories and ask about theirs.
For your community: Every action and idea helps
- Attend a South Burlington Energy Committee meeting
- Share your ideas or volunteer
- Follow us on Facebook
Why Does Energy Efficiency Matter?
More than half of the total energy produced in the U.S. is wasted due to inefficiencies. We need serious, breakthrough thinking to improve America’s energy standing for the future.
Regardless of the energy source, increased efficiency is a positive step for America and there is significant room for improvement. By tackling one part of the problem where it relates to household and municipal energy use, South Burlington and the Georgetown University Energy Prize is positioned to be the catalyst for long-term, positive change.